Friday, May 21, 2010

Reflecting

Three posts in three days - wow, that should be a record, I'm sure. I have been thinking a lot today about Dad. I got a great email from my aunt, and for the first time in A LONG time, I cried. I haven't cried about Dad for so long, because I think I have just come to accept that this is how he will be from now on. But, today I cried - I cried because I miss him, I cried because I feel so helpless, and I cried because I hurt for him!! He is such an amazing person, why did this happen to him? But, I know there is a time for everything and this is just part of our trial here on earth!

Dad has taught me so much about love and kindness (he tried teaching me patience, but it didn't work...). I am so thankful for all he has given me. I miss him so much, but I am thankful for the time we still have with him.

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to let you know how awesome you are. I am so impressed with the love and dedication you have for your father. I only knew of him and heard him during the shows at Winter Guard. Thank you for taking the time to put this together. It is actually somewhat therapuetic(sp). Not only for you but for those of us who have loved and watched our fathers health change. My love and prayers go out to you and your family. Stay strong and stay close to the gospel so that you can use the atonement to get through this. Dont forget you are an amazing woman to do all you do. Thank you! Jean Abram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean, thank you so very much for your kind words!It means a lot to me, and I truly appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete