Friday, December 18, 2009

December Update

Hello Everyone. I am sorry again for the lack of posts. I had another camp this week so it's been a bit busy around our house.
Dad has been struggling a little this month! He is exhausted and worn out. He got a cold (we think from his room being so cold). They had a problem with the heater on his section of the care center for a few weeks. I finally brought him a space heater, and I think that helped. But now the heater is fixed.
He is now done with his physical therapy, which I think he is so happy about! He will move to his new room the beginning of January and I think he is anxiously waiting for that to happen.
When we went yesterday, he just looked so sad and worn out. He had blood all over his shirt (he had a bloody nose yesterday) so I made him change his shirt. My mom got him a new chair, but for some reason he won't use it. He was in the living room when we came instead of his room. He said it was making him nervous to be in his room. I just felt so bad for him yesterday! My mom goes everynight after work and they usually talk or play games. Last night, he was already sleeping - poor guy!

I really hope they don't mind, but I need to give a BIG thank you to my mom's family!! My aunt and her daughter's came down a few weeks ago and did a service project for my family - and it was wonderful and meant the world to my mom. And everyone on my mom's side of the family has been so great to help out this month. I am SO thankful to them for their service and kindness. A special thank you to my Aunt Ann, Kristi and her family. You will never know how much your thoughtfulness has meant to us!

Hope you are all having a great holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment