Tuesday, July 13, 2010

So Sorry!

Well, I must apologize for my lack of posts lately! I think I have taken a mental vacation - wish I had gone somewhere fun...

Dad has slowly been declining the past few months. It sure is hard to watch - again. It seems we have been through this last year at the other nursing home. It's hard to know what will happen next - if he'll keep getting worse, or if things will start to look up a little.

He has started going in other peoples rooms thinking it's his - I think he goes for walks around the nursing home and forgets where he is. He called me the other night really upset because he thought I was lying to him about something (I couldn't figure out what it was). It's so hard to see him like this - it doesn't seem to get any easier for us!

Mom wanted to try and get him out so we took him to lunch on Saturday to his favorite place. He didn't talk much - even though we tried to get him to. He also seemed so unsteady - even with his walker.

Anyways, thanks for your continued support and patience with me. I will try to be better with the updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment