Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Update from Karen

I am so grateful to Tiffany for keeping all of you updated. Gary has certainly lost a lot of ground over the past year. Last night when I spoke to him he said he was in a disciplinary council with his clerks. This is just a sample of what he is going through. He has traveled in his mind all over the United States. It should be very fun for him, but instead it is frightening. He feels like people are trying to hurt him or he is trying to hurt people. This disease is dreadful. When Gary's mind is somewhat clear he just looks at me with the saddest eyes. He knows something is wrong but doesn't know what to do about it. He is becoming more confused. The other night he couldn't remember how to get to the dining room. He sleeps a lot of the time. I find him that way almost every time I go now. Don't be afraid to wake him up if you visit. Nine times out of ten he won't remember who was there. Many times I just sit in the chair and rock while he sleeps.

This is certainly not the way we expected to spend the "Golden Years" together. Life seems to
throw us many curves, but I can only hope Heavenly Father will watch over him and help both of us endure to the end.

Love to you all - especially for your concern for Gary. It has not gone unnoticed by all of us.
Karen

1 comment:

  1. You are ALWAYS in my prayers!! I always love any updates and information about Gary. I am truly saddened that he isn't doing as well as everyone hoped. I love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete