Sunday, November 22, 2009

Birthday Party!

Dad was able to come to my house tonight for Bree's 5th birthday party. It was so great having him here. He hasn't been over here since July. It seemed to wear him out, but I think he was glad he was here. He had a really hard time getting up the stairs (I have about 5 to get to the main living area). But, he made it!!
He is still doing great. I think it's getting a little harder for him to remember things - he seems to repeat himself a lot. But, I am just so glad he is able to get around and communicate with us!
He was excited yesterday because Jeff & Jenny (my cousin and his wife) came from Cedar City and stopped to see Dad. He kept saying how much he thought their baby looked like Myles.
He sure loves his family and loves seeing them. He talks to my Aunt Susan almost every day, and was upset we weren't going to Leslie's for Thanksgiving. But, he gets SO nervous when he is in the car too long - and that would be a 4 hour drive there and back. So we decided to keep him close to home for Thanksgiving.
Also, my Aunt Ann came down with Michele and her dad on Friday. I think that's what he loves most - seeing people!
Susan reminded me that my dad had some scouts come visit him - and it made his day. They came one day (I'm sure to do service projects) and visited with Dad. And, they must have come back the next day - and Dad just loved that!
Anyways, sorry about the random post. Just trying to catch up... :)
Hope all is well with everyone. Thanks for keeping up on Dad. He sure gets a kick out of knowing there is a blog about him (I think he secretly loves it!).

1 comment:

  1. It was a lot of fun to visit Gary! We really enjoyed visiting him. He seemed to be doing really well while we were there.

    ReplyDelete