Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday Update

Unfortunately, there's not much of an update today. We saw two doctors today, but no new update. One of the doctor's has been very kind (his name is David), but pretty matter of fact! He seems to be very careful with my mom and sincere, but doesn't lie to us either. My mom is really struggling today - I think the realization that Dad might never come back to us is starting to sink in.
Although he is more awake now, his mental state seems to get worse. He is having trouble recognizing the family now. Dusty and I had a very funny conversation with him today - we had him laughing and everything. But, the next minute he cries. Sometimes he seems to know who we are (like his daughter or my husband) but he has trouble recalling our names. He seems to call everyone Tiffany. Today he called my mom Pam. He called Dusty Greg. But, minutes later he knows all our names! So, we just are patient with him and love him with all we have!!! Today my mom's cousins came to visit. He said he knew who they were, but I'm not sure he did. He might have recognized them, but wasn't sure of their names. And, I got him to hold my hand today for a while - he doesn't usually like us touching him. So, I savored that minute for as long as I could!! I just sat by the side of him and held his hand. I miss my dad!!
He is still in Neuro ICU - sounds like they'll keep him there until they need the bed. They like that he is getting 1 on 1 care and attention, so that's good!
Anyways, I will update you all tomorrow. Hopefully there will be something new to write about. Thanks again for everything! Keep mom and dad in your prayers - mom could use them tonight :). We love you all.

5 comments:

  1. Wow Tiff! Every time I read these posts I cry. Your family is in my prayers. My friend Kim told me that they talked about your blog in Relief Society yesterday and gave a quick update on your dad. She even asked me this morning how he was doing. There are a lot of concerned and worried people. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany and Karen,

    You are in our prayers! Hopefully they will be able to diagnose your dads illness and find a treatment. Let us know if we can help with the kids, guard, anything.

    Love,
    Leslie Devey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen and Tiff,
    you are in our thoughts and prayers. I know all of your visits to the hospital are sometimes frustrating but I'm sure your Dad even if he doesn't recognize you all of the time, loves having you there. Hopefullly you will get more answers this week.
    We love you guys!
    Love
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi karen and tif,
    Sorry it has taken so long to get to you. I am saddened to hear that you have'nt heard much again. I want you to know that my prayers are with you. I love you so much. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.Karen please take care of yourself, you are missed and loved by so many. Call me sometime I'd love to hear from you but only when the time is right for you.
    with all my LOVE...Cheryl Bellarosa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my heck, it makes me cry whenever I read an update. I really wish I could do something. Please let me know. I love you!

    ReplyDelete