Sunday, October 4, 2009

Weekend Update

Well, it has sure been nice having Dad closer to us! I went to see him 3 times yesterday - he was pretty down so I think the visits helped. He was happy that Aunt Susan and Grandpa came to visit - that cheered him up quite a bit. And, they are still giving him pureed foods so I've brought him a few "good" meals (from Subway and Del Taco...). The old care center didn't send over the orders that his diet had been changed, so they'll only give him pureed until they can talk to someone on Monday. And, he won't eat the pureed food!
But, by last night he seemed to be in a better mood. We all like the new place. He has his own room (for now at least), so he likes that! And, it's a lot quieter too.
Anyways, if any of you would like to visit Dad, call or email me (dtjbmiller@yahoo.com) and I can tell you where he is. I am sure he would love visitors!
Dad sure is doing great about remembering the past. Lately, he keeps talking about the Newman's and Henderson's and how great of friends they are. He was very concerned that they wouldn't know where he would be moved to, but I assured him that they would read the blog :).
Well, here are a few pictures of the move...

No comments:

Post a Comment