Saturday, September 19, 2009

Friday Update

What a change from Wednesday! He was so depressed and tired on Wednesday. My Aunt Leslie saw dad on Thursday and said she had a great visit with him. Our good friend Stephanie went and saw him yesterday morning and said he knew who she was and was in a good mood.
Well, I was supposed to meet with the physical therapist yesterday afternoon. When we got there and started walking towards the door, here comes dad and the therapist walking out to meet us. WOW!! He looked great. She had to hold on to him, but he was walking. We haven't seen him walk for 5 weeks! And, he was in a better mood and remembering certain things too. It was so great. We stayed for a few hours and by the time we got ready to leave, he was so tired. We got him into bed so he could nap. The walking sure took a lot out of him! But, it was such a great day.
We are meeting up there today to get family pictures. We haven't had family pictures - EVER! (Well, with all of us I mean.) So, I thought it was a good idea. I will post pictures when we get them.
Anyways, here's to hoping for another good day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Karen and Tif,
    WOW! I am glad to hear that Gary was up and walking some. That was great for him, only if it was for a short time. Hope he can keep up the good work. I am always thinking of you all and wishing you the best. As always, my prayers are with you. Karen, it was great to be able to talk with you last week. Try to keep up your strength. Should you need ANYTHING please call me.

    With all my LOVE....Cheryl Bellarosa

    ReplyDelete