Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thursday Update

Dad had the two tests run today - but, we haven't heard the results yet. My mom was there this afternoon with my Aunt Susan and Aunt Terry. I know she was so glad to have them there while she talked with the doctors and social workers.
I went up tonight. Dad seemed pretty tired and just mumbled a bit. I ran into my mom's cousin Clarion at the hospital. He was in the ICU visiting a friend, so he came in and said hi to my dad. He was pretty non-coherent though.
They also are moving dad tonight out of ICU, so that will be good. I think we'll know more next week as far as long term care.
Reality is definitely sinking in tonight. Poor Jack - he is so close with his grandpa. He told me that Grandpa promised him he would see him off for his mission. He also just cried while asking my mom "who will play football with me now?" Bree keeps praying that Grandpa will come home. It just breaks my heart!!!

1 comment:

  1. Karen and Tif,
    It was sure nice running into you yesterday tif and being able to talk with you. Tell karen I said hi and give her a big hug for me.I MISS her so much! My Prayers are with your whole family. I do know how your kids feel about their grandpa, I have seen jack playing outside with gary throwing the ball together and they looked like they were having so much fun. Give jackson and bree a hug also for me. Bring them by sometime to play and I'll see if I can get my grandkids here to play with them. I hope Gary had a restful night last night. Take care and hope to see you again soon.Remember, that I am always here for you should you need anything, just give me a call and I'll be right there.
    With all my LOVE...Cheryl Bellarosa

    ReplyDelete