Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tuesday Update

I was able to meet my good friend Steph and her husband Tim today to see dad. They were so great with him. I hope they don't mind me sharing this story, but dad was really close with Steph's dad Ed. We grew up across the street from the Henderson's, and we were all best friends. I was best friends with Steph, Heidi with Michelle, and mom and dad with Lawanna and Eddy. We couldn't love a family more then the Henderson's. Eddy passed away about 14 years ago (I believe it was January 1st 1995). It was devastating to our family - especially dad! We all loved Ed so much. I still remember the last thing he said to me. "Remember church at 0900!" (He was making sure I was going to church the next day.) My dad talked at his funeral and I still remember what he said. He talked about how Ed was up in Heaven doing missionary work - and, I believe that's what he is doing!
Anyways, sorry for the story. Dad has talked about Ed the past few days. I'm not sure if he remembers that Ed is gone or not, but I just know how much he loves him.
Dad was okay today. He was a little upset when we got there, but Tim seemed to calm him down. I got really sick while we were there, so Steph and I went out in the courtyard to get some fresh air and Tim just sat with dad and talked with him. Mom met us over there for awhile too. He seemed to do ok today, so that's good.
Anyways, sorry for the random post. I guess all these emotions lately seem to bring up a lot of our past.
Hope you all are doing good. Thanks for checking up on dad!

1 comment:

  1. Tiffany, thank you so much for sharing all the memories as well as how your dad is doing. We check every day for an update. Please tell him and your mom that they are in our every prayer, as well as your whole family. It is great to see pictures too!
    Joanie and James Rich

    ReplyDelete