Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesday Update

Well, not too much has changed with dad today. We went down and met with the social worker and head nurse today to see how dad was progressing. They said that he seems more alert (not aware, but alert). But, they are going to stop the speach therapy because he is not progressing in that way. So, they recommended we let him eat what he wants now because he's not really progressing anyways.
Dad had some great friends from West Jordan - President Butterfield and Henry and Rene Bowen - come visit today. They were so great with dad. He just cried with them.
One good thing - they finally moved dad to a different unit. So now people won't be walking in and out of his room. That seemed to really bother dad. And, we can also bring him a TV now which might help him calm down a bit. My mom and I will hopefully get that stuff to him tomorrow.
Anyways, thank you all again for your support. Last week was a bit stressful and we are so thankful for all of you. I love my family so much!! My Aunt Susan has been so great to me these past few weeks - I am sure she understands what we are going through. I am so thankful for my mom's sister and sister-in-law. They have been her rock during all of this. They have both been through so much this past year, but they continue to support my mom. I was so thankful for my Aunt Ann the other day - just her being thoughtful and thinking of my mom - it meant a lot to her I know.
I will update you all tomorrow.

Oh, and kindof random - If any of you have any thoughts or memories about dad, I would love to get them. I am trying to start putting together dad's history and I think it would be fun to add memories from the people who love him. You can leave me a comment or email me at dtjbmiller@yahoo.com. THANK YOU!!

1 comment:

  1. Tif and Karen,

    I am so glad to hear that Karen is getting so much support from her family. I am sure it is helping her get throught this ordeal some what easier. Glad to hear that Gary will be in a room where you can fix it up to make it more homy . I know that it helped my sister when she had to place her husband in a setting such as Garys. I know that this will always be difficult for karen be asure her that the lord is at her side to help her through this and she has many people who love her and are there to help her when she needs the help. Tell gary I am thinking about him and say hi! I miss the both of them very much and miss talking with them.

    With all my love and prayers
    Cheryl Bellarosa

    ReplyDelete