Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wednesday Update

Sorry I missed updating yesterday. I sat down at the computer, but just had too much to do. These past 5 weeks have surely been difficult for all of us!!
But, this week we have been able to meet with quite a few people that will help care for dad in the next little while. We are hoping to move him to Utah County in the next 30 days, so that will be great! He has been doing okay the past few days (other than the fact he has fallen twice in two days...). Yesterday, President Winder went to see dad (his old counselor in the stake presidency). I asked dad about it today and he just cried! He has such tender memories of that time in West Jordan.
This is all still taking quite a toll on mom - but, I am hoping that all the prayers are helping her through this.
On a personal note, I have felt such peace the past few days. I know that dad is in the Lord's hands - and that is comforting to me. I know that he will watch over him and bring him home at His time! I love the gospel and am so grateful for the plan of salvation. I am so thankful for Dad's example! What an amazing blessing Dad is in our lives!!
Anyways, enough rambling... I might not be able to update much this weekend. Our good friend gets in town tomorrow and I have a busy weekend with work. But, I will try my best to keep you all updated on Dad.
We want to thank you all for your sweet comments. They mean so much to us as a family! We love you all and are grateful to have you all in our lives. I am also thankful for all my friends and family who have stepped in to help me and the kids these past few weeks. Thank you, Thank you!!

1 comment:

  1. Karen and Family,
    I am glad you are getting more help with Gary and hopefully being able to more him down to utah county. My thoughts and prayers are with you all always. Take it easy karen and remember the Lord is always besides you and gary to help. When you get a chance i would love to see ya again. With all my love .Cheryl Bellarosa.

    ReplyDelete